Hanmer 10km loopBeginner - Intermediate
Submitted by James Stewart
SampleRegister to view
Undulating, some big hills
Native bushPlantation/exotic forestLakeside
Beginner - Intermediate
- Head up Conical Hill, bag the peak and enjoy the 360 degree views (don't forget to check out the 'sun-dial' pointing out all the surrounding peaks).
- Start your way down the far side and on the first switchback there will be a sign for 'MTB trails' straight ahead. Take this route - you're now on the 'C-Line' trail and you're in for some sweet single trail goodness, just enough technical elements to get you warmed up.
- You'll soon come to t-intersection with 'Swoop'. Take a left here.
- After 500m, this trail will take you to a main intersection, turn onto the 'Swamp' trail here. You're now on to 2km of beautiful flowy single trail through young pine trees.
- At the end of this trail you'll be faced with the forest access road going straight ahead or running/MTB tracks veering right. Take a right and after a few hundred metres you'll join up with the bottom of 'Swoop'. Take this trail back up the hill and you'll pass the first intersection where you jumped off C-Line. Head all the way up to the main intersection again.
- From here take the middle track - a 4WD option between 'Swoop' and 'Swamp' - head across a clearing and you'll find yourself able to jump across to Majuba, a beautiful native forest trail which will take you down to the bottom where you can link onto the Woodland Walk trail.
- After 400m take the left turn to stay on the Woodland Walk trail and track all the way to the Scout Den.
- Jump over the road and onto the Easy Rider trail that follows the stream all the way back through Dog Stream Reserve to the top 10 Holiday Park.
- Onto the tarmac, take Bath Street, a right onto Hanmer Springs Road and you'll soon find yourself back in the village.
There are currently no members to show for this trail.
Features of interest
Make Up of Run
Moderate Single Track: 30%
Easy Single Track: 30%
Farm Road / 4WD Track: 20%
Sealed Road: 20%
Start at the bottom of the Conical Hill track, right at the top of Conical Hill Road - 3 mins jog from the village.
Lots of on-street parking at the bottom of Conical Hill, or in the village
Short-sleeved thermal top, Seam-sealed waterproof jacket, Gloves, Beanie/thermal headwear, Whistle, First aid kit, Extra food for emergencies, Cellphone, Map.
Scout Den on Woodland Walk
Muddy after rain
Keep clear of the forestry roads and watch out for Mountain Bikers!
Post run indulgence
Power House Cafe
Next to the Hot Pools
Sponsor this trail
See other runs nearby:
Fowlers Pass - St James
Mt Isobel Long Loop
Hope Kiwi Half
Izzy Stradlin CCW
The James Hundy Epic
Easy Rider & Conical Hill
Hanmer Old Forest Loop
St James Walkway
Doubtful Lake Man with Hope
A Tale of Two Peters
Nina Valley SH7 to Swingbridge
Doubting the Devil